C.O.O.L. Camp (Children Overcoming Outstanding Loss)
Is a one-day retreat designed to provide support to kids ages 6-15 who have experienced the death of a friend or family member.
C.O.O.L. Campers learn to…
- Identify feelings and emotions related to a loss
- Cope with anger and other feelings
- Recognize changes in the family
- Identify and utilize individual support systems and resources
- Explore ways to remember loved ones
Recreation time and games are provided throughout the day to encourage a positive outlet of energy and enhance socialization skills.
Parent/guardian must pre-register and complete phone interview prior to attending.
This service is offered free of charge to all participants. Lunch is provided.
A parent’s group is provided from 8:30-9:30 to review the outline of the day’s activities and to provide education about children’s grief issues.
Lilly Ward recommends Southeast Hospice C.O.O.L. Camp for kids coping with grief.