Camp dates: June 11 to 13, 2023
Healthcare Camp is for high school students entering 10th to 12th grade who are interested in learning about health careers and the required entry qualifications. The Healthcare Camp application deadline is March 12, 2023, unless submitting an essay for possible scholarship. To be considered for a scholarship, your application and essay must be submitted by March 5, 2023.
Campers will visit:
- SoutheastHEALTH College of Nursing & Health Sciences
- Southeast Hospital
- Southeast Cancer Center
- Area healthcare agencies
- Helicopter experience, if available
"Really fun! Most definitely Recommend." - Kaden
"My favorite part was getting to got the different parts of the hospital and the college."
- Shadow nurses and other healthcare professionals in patient care areas
- Learn CPR
- Learn to use a stethoscope and take blood pressures
- Talk with SoutheastHEALTH College of Nursing & Health Sciences faculty and graduates
"It has encouraged me to pursue a healthcare career."
"Thank you! It was amazing!" - Olivia
Campers will investigate medical specialties, including:
- Intensive care areas
- Labor, delivery and nursery
- Emergency services
- Cardiac cath lab
"Super Fun!" - Zarriah
"I found things I was never interested in and like them. For example, ER and pre-op/post-op and surgery."
"I had a blast!"