Provider DirectoryBack to provider directory
Christopher Q. Buchanan, MD
Southern Methodist University
University of Missouri-Columbia
|Fellowship||Saint Louis University School of Medicine|
|Residency||Baylor University Medical Center|
|Special practice interests||
American Board of Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Golden Apple Award for Medical Student Teaching 06/15 - Texas A&M Health Science Center College at Baylor University Medical Center
- Best Oral Presentation - 2nd Place 05/17 - St. Louis Obstetrical and Gynecological Society 2017 Research Symposium
Publications & Research
- Buchanan C, Bianchi K, Miller C, Vricella L, Vlastos E. Impact of obesity on outcomes of pregnancies complicated by twin-twin transfusion syndrome requiring fetoscopic laser photocoagulation. St. Louis Obstetrical and Gynecological Society 2017 Research Symposium. May 2017
- Buchanan C, Fowler K, Amon E, Niewoehner L, Biling D, Gross G. System-wide effort to reduce cost of cervical ripening. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 127:885, May 2016.
- Mehra S. Gavard J, Buchanan C, Goldkamp J, Rice J, Artal R. Does the daily plasma glucose variability impact maternal weight gain in obese pregnant patients with diabetes? Obstetrics & Gynecology. 127:1105, May 2016.
- Gupta A, Buchanan C, Miller C, Mostella D, Hostetter S, Ballman S. Positive response to a text messaging intervention for diabetes in pregnancy. American College of Physicians, Missouri Chapter Annual Meeting; Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri, August 2016.
- Buchanan C, Hostetter S, Volkman E, Miller C, Gavard J, Vricella L. Management of twin pregnancies with short cervix in a single system. Presented at 2017 ACOG Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting, San Diego, CA.
- Gupta A, Buchanan C, Gavard J, Hostetter S, Miller C, Mostella D. Gestational weight gain in diabetic women: Do supportive text messages make a difference? Presented at 2017 ACOG Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting, San Diego, CA.
- Hostetter, S, Buchanan C, Miller C. Text for Diabetes - Do text interventions improve the percentage of in-range glucose checks? Accepted for Presentation at 2017 COAG Annual Meeting.