Provider DirectoryBack to provider directory
|Facilities||Southeast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine|
|Groups||Accepting First Option, SoutheastHEALTH Providers|
|Graduate School||Southeast Missouri State University, 2022|
|Undergraduate School||Southeast Missouri State University, 2019|
Basic Life Support (BLS), Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP), Post-Resuscitation & Pre-Transport Stabilization of Sick Newborns (STABLE)
Benefits of a Bone Health Specialist
A bone health specialist serves as a primary source of information for patients throughout their orthopedic journey. Functioning as a patient advocate, a bone health specialist will:
- Provide patient/family with emotional and educational assistance.
- Coordinate patient care to optimize the best care during patient’s orthopedic journey.
- Assist with follow-up appointments.
- Assess equipment needs.
- Review discharge needs.
- Aid in presurgery assessment.
- Coordinate patient’s medication needs.
- Discuss specific post-surgical issues for improved patient outcomes.
- Review post-operative plan for pain management.
Bones play many roles in the body — providing structure, protecting organs, anchoring muscles and storing calcium. Taking care of your bones, especially as we age, is vital!