Provider DirectoryBack to provider directory
|Groups||Accepting First Option|
University of California at Berkeley,
Eastern Virginia Medical School,
Eastern Virginia Medical School,
|Fellowship||Oregon Health & Science University, 2012|
Oregon Health & Science University,
Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
American Society for Clinical Pathology
American Board of Pathology
Dr. Wettach, Medical Director of Pathology, brings academic expertise in pathology to patients through a collaboration with world-renowned Washington University and SoutheastHEALTH. He is exceptionally trained and holds three American Board of Pathology certifications. Dr. Wettach is permanently based at Southeast Hospital, with access to a team of more than 40 clinical pathologists working in 20 different subspecialties at Washington University. Southeast Hospital's clinical lab performs more than 2 million tests a year.
New technology that can produce COVID-19 results in less than an hour is now available at SoutheastHEALTH. Pathologist Dr. George Wettach explains.
There are many COVID-19 Do’s and Don’ts, but there is one important “do” that will save lives. Every two to three seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood. SoutheastHEALTH Pathologist Dr. George Wettach has more.
A new strain of coronavirus has become a serious health problem across the globe. SoutheastHEALTH Pathologist Dr. George Wettach shares what you need to know about this virus.
Medical laboratory professionals work behind the scenes, but they’re crucial to your diagnosis and treatment plan. SoutheastHEALTH Pathologist Dr. George Wettach explains the vital role these caregivers play.
January marks the 100th anniversary of the influenza pandemic which killed 50 to 100 million people across the globe. Flu is still a serious health issue. Dr. George Wettach, medical director of pathology at SoutheastHEALTH, explains why.
Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood? That’s why it’s so important for us to roll up our sleeves and give the gift of life. We learn more more about blood banks and the vital role they play from Dr. George Wettach, Medical Director of Pathology at SoutheastHEALTH.
No two people are exactly the same, and no two breast cancers are exactly the same, either. Dr. George Wettach, Medical Director of Pathology at SoutheastHEALTH explains more about the important role pathologists play when the diagnosis is breast cancer.
- Microscopic and Gross Photography Awards, Oregon Health & Science University, multiple during 2007-2012
- American Society for Clinical Pathology Award for Academic Excellence and Achievement, 2004
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69), 1999
- Best Sales and Service Award, Atlantic Fleet, Large Vessel Category, Naval Exchange Service Command, 1998
- Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps Scholarship, University of California at Berkeley, 1992-5
Publications & Research
- Kikuchi K, Wettach GR, Ryan CW, Hung A, Hooper JE, Beadling C, Warrick A, Corless CL, Olson SB, Hart J, Vogt PK, Keller C, Mansoor A. MDM2 Amplification and PI3KCA Mutation in a Case of Sclerosing Rhabdomyosarcoma. Sarcoma, vol. 2013, Article ID 520858.
- Eil R, Lu KC, Wettach GR, Tsikitis VL. Intracranial Hemangiopericytoma Focally Recurrent to the Pelvis. Journal of Cancer Therapy 3, 487-490. 2012.
- Stenzel P, Wettach G, Leroy X. Disseminated Carcinoma Consistent With Seminal Vesicle Primary: Autopsy and Immunohistochemical Characterization. Int J Surg Pathol. 19(3):401-4. 2011. Epub 2011 Mar 21.
- Wettach GR, Steele EA. Urothelial Cell Carcinoma of the Bladder Presenting as Orbital Metastasis. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 132(8):1224. 2008.
- Wettach GR, Boyd LJ, Lawce HJ, Magenis RE, Mansoor A. Cytogenetic Analysis of a Hemosiderotic Fibrolipomatous Tumor. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 182(2):140-3. 2008.
- Mercer DR, Wettach GR, Smith JL. Effects of larval density and predation by Toxorhynchites amboinensis on Aedes polynesiensis (Diptera: Culicidae) developing in coconuts. J Am Mosq Control Assoc. 21(4): 425-31. 2005.
- Fishback NF, Wettach GR. Cardiac changes noted within four years of transplant in post-mortem evaluation of a patient with untreated obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep and Breathing 8(2): 107-9. 2004.
- Wettach GR. A Standardized Patient Enrolled in Medical School Considers the National Clinical Skills Examination. Acad Med78(12): 1240-2. 2003.
- Wettach GR, Schreiner A, Gordon N, Countryman G, Morgan T. pl6INK4a Immunostaining of LSIL Cervical Biopsies Yields Significantly Increased Positive Predictive Value Compared to HPV testing and ProEx C. Mod Path Supplement 21:228A. 2008. Platform presentation at 97th Annual United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology Meeting in Denver, Colorado, March 17, 2008.
- Wettach GR, Ware JC, Vorona RD, Winn MP, Fishback NF. Cognitive Improvement (by Digit Symbol Substitution Change Score) May Explain One-Month Compliance with Continuous Positive Pressure among Obstructive Sleep Apnea Patients. Slee. Abstract Supplement 29: Al 55. 2006. Platform presentation at 20th Annual APSS Meeting in Salt Lake City, Utah, June 17-22, 2006.
- Wettach GR, Kikuchi K, Ryan CW, Chen M, Hooper JE, Corless CL, Olson SB, Keller C, Mansoor A. Potentially Actionable Mutations in a Case of Sclerosing Rhabdomyosarcoma. 16th Annual Connective Tissue Oncology Society/ Musculoskeletal Tumor Society Meeting in Chicago, Illinois, October 26-29, 1:2011.
- Austin JL, Wettach G, Chia DJ. Persistent hyperparathyroidism in an adolescent following hypocalcaemia induced by bisphosphonate treatment for hyperkalemia of malignancy.90th Annual Endocrine Society Meeting, San Francisco, California, June 15-18, 2008.
- Wettach GR, Douglas JL, Ware JC, Vorona RD, Winn MP, Fishback NF. Comparison of Standard and Respiratory Event Monitoring Continuous Positive Pressure (CPAP) Units at One-Month Following CPAP Initiation. Sleep Abstract Supplement 28: IA200. 2005. 19th Annual APSS Meeting in Denver, Colorado, June 18-23, 2005.
- Scoville SA, Wettach G. Keeping it personal: Using a new pool of highly motivated student instructors in medical education. Jlnt Assn Med Sci Ed 12:1. 2002. 6th Annual Meeting of the International Association of Medical Science Educators, Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, July 20-23, 2002.
- Mercer DR, Wettach GR, and Smith JL. Effects of larval density and predation by Toxorhynchites amboinensis upon Aedes polynesiensis production. 1st International Congress of Entomology, Iguassu Falls, Brazil, August 20-26, 2000.
- Wettach GR, Palmrose TW, Morgan TK. USMLE Road Map: Pathology. McGraw-Hill Medical. June 2009.
- Wettach GR, Ware JC, Vorona RD, Winn MP, May JF, Akers D. Pharmacological Effects on the Polysomnogram. In: Lee lChiong T, Butkov N. Fundamentals of Sleep Technology. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. May 2007.
- Wettach GR. 15 photographic contributions to Cohen BA & Lehmann CU, eds. DermAtlas, Johns Hopkins University; 2001-2012.
- Wettach GR. Sleep disorders associated with gastrointestinal disorders. MedLink, 2011.
- Fishback N, Wettach G. Sleep disorders associated with cerebral degenerative disorders. MedLink, 2004.
- Wettach GR. Medicine at light speed. The Observer & Baker City Herald. January 15, 2016.
- Wettach GR. Honoring the work of medical lab professionals. The Observer & Baker City Herald. May 1, 2015.