Cancer is more than a physical disease. It can affect many areas of your life, including your emotional health.
At Southeast Cancer Center, our approach to care combines expert treatments with a focus on whole-person healing and improving quality of life for our patients.
We want to help you focus on living your life while we take care of your cancer.
Our Oncologists and Cancer Specialists
One of the main reasons to trust Southeast Cancer Center with your care is our expert team, each of whom was handpicked to serve people who have been diagnosed with cancer.
Our staff includes:
- Board certified hematologist/oncologists, and radiation oncologists
- Certified oncology nurses who have special training in chemotherapy and biotherapy
- A medical physicist, certified medical dosimetrist and registered radiation therapists, all of whom have specialty training in designing and delivering personally customized radiation therapy treatments
- Nurse navigators who coordinate cancer risk genetic testing, explore the availability of cancer clinical trials and serve as a clinical resource to assist patients during their cancer journey
- Journey guides who serve as a resource to patients and caregivers, from diagnosis throughout treatment and into survivorship
- A dietitian who is specially trained in oncology and nutrition for patients during and after treatment
- Social workers who can assist patient and caregiver with various needs throughout the course of a patient's treatment, including advance directives, financial resources and medication assistance
- Oncology rehabilitation and lymphedema specialists
- Palliative care
- An entire team of staff committed to the well-being of people who have been diagnosed with cancer
We also work with all specialists and surgeons as needed.
Leading-Edge Cancer Treatments and Services
Our cancer specialists stay abreast of current cancer treatments and offer proven and evidence-based care.
We can offer you the most advanced treatment options, such as:
Chemotherapy. Powerful cancer-fighting drugs and immunotherapies are available in our Southeast Infusion Center. Each of our comfortable, semiprivate treatment bays features satellite TV, DVD players and access to our multimedia library as well as seating for your caregiver.
We offer chemotherapy services at our oncology/hematology and infusion center clinics in Dexter and Perryville too.
Radiation therapy. Southeast Cancer Center earned and maintained the prestigious accreditation from the American College of Radiology since 2009. Thanks to sophisticated technology, we can treat cancer with the utmost precision. For instance, we have the technology to shape the course of radiation to match the dimensions of the tumor. This approach spares healthy tissue, which may mean reduced side effects.
Make an Appointment at Southeast Cancer Center
You don't have to travel far to get great cancer care. To learn more about our cancer services or make an appointment at any of our locations, call 573.519.4800.