Cancer Case Conferencing
A second opinion—as well as a third, fourth and fifth—with no additional office calls or charges. This is what our cancer patients at Southeast Cancer Center receive through our interdisciplinary case conference.
Every Tuesday, our interdisciplinary team reviews each case to fully discuss and explore options and share knowledge for each patient, including opportunities to enroll in a clinical trial.
Together, they create custom treatment plans to attack the cancer in a way that best suits your individual case. This teamwork approach ensures that every treatment option is explored and evaluated to best fit each patient.
Each case conference involves an array of professionals, which includes:
- Cancer and Genetics Nurse Navigator
- Cancer Registrar
- Clinical Trials and Cardio-Oncology Nurse Navigator
- Ear, Nose and Throat Physicians
- Medical and Radiation Oncologists
- Oncology-certified Nurses
- Surgeons and Plastic Surgeons
- Cardiothoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons