Cancer Support Services
Journey Guides are staff members that assist cancer patients through all phases of treatment. Every effort is made to get to know patients personally in order to help meet their unique needs, appeal to their interests or celebrate milestones. Having a personal resource throughout their cancer journey enables patients to feel more comfortable. Southeast Cancer Center Journey Guides from Left: Becki Yetman, Angie Tygett, and Lori Bronenkant
We Can Weekend
A special weekend designed to help cancer patients and their families discover that together – WE CAN!
For nearly 30 years, We Can Weekend has helped families learning to cope with cancer address special concerns during this annual retreat. Geared to individuals who have been diagnosed or treated for cancer over the last year and their family, each participant is encouraged to share his or her own concerns, experiences and solutions to challenges with the group.
In the peaceful, relaxed atmosphere of the YMCA of the Ozarks, the trained staff and volunteers of SoutheastHEALTH encourage the free-flowing exchange of feelings and ideas. Families from all over the region will gather at the beautiful Sunnen Center just 12 miles southwest of Potosi, Missouri to share, rejuvenate, learn and enjoy.
What are the Objectives of We Can Weekend?
EMPOWER THE SPIRIT
EDUCATE THE MIND
- Communication with family and loved ones
- Caregiver support: How to take care of yourself and advocate for the patient
- Networking between patients, caregivers and families
RECLAIM YOUR BODY
- Educate patients and caregivers about cancer from diagnosis and treatment to side effect management and survivorship
- How to live with cancer
- Living life with the body you now have
- Celebrating life regardless of where you are in your cancer journey
Using the most natural, high-quality wigs available, our consultant in Cape Girardeau will work with you to find the perfect fit, color and style.