Southeast Pediatrics offers comprehensive, specialized care for children under age 18.
- Most lab tests can be performed at the office
- Same day acute care available during normal business hours
- Continuing care of medical conditions including
- high cholesterol
- Preventive care, wellness visits
- Minor procedures performed in the office
- Outreach clinic offered in Dexter, MO
- Immunization & Milestone Handout
Reach Out and Read
Learning begins at birth and the pediatricians at Southeast Pediatrics want to help parents enhance learning with Reach Out and Read, a national program developed to promote a love of reading and encourage children to read together with their families.
- New, fun to read and educational books in English and Spanish are given to parents during well-child check-ups beginning at the age of 6 months and continuing through 5 years.
- Children served by Reach Out and Read score three to six months ahead of peers on vocabulary tests.
- Since its inception, 4 million children across the country have been positively impacted by Reach Out and Read.
Children love SoutheastHEALTH’s interactive children’s exhibit at Discovery Playhouse. “Healthy Beginnings” includes:
- A hospital nursery with life-like dolls that can be fed, diapered
- Pediatrician’s office with exam table, other interactive equipment
- Kid-sized lab coats, scrubs
Discovery Playhouse, 502 Broadway, Cape Girardeau, 573-335-7529