Emergency Services at SoutheastHEALTH
Emergency care at SoutheastHEALTH is available 24-hours a day/365 days a year. You have access to highly trained physicians, nurses, and staff providing specialized care when seconds count.
Ready, when and where you need us, offering:
- Area’s first nationally accredited Chest Pain Center, and the nationally recognized Southeast Heart Center
- Certified Primary Stroke Center, earning the Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers
- SoutheastHEALTH’S complete system of care, expert physicians and advanced technologies, from assessment and diagnosis through treatment and recovery
- Integration with area Emergency Medical Transport Services for pre-hospital notification of time-critical conditions
Is it an Emergency?
For non-critical emergencies when a patient is mobile, proceed to the nearest SoutheastHEALTHemergency facility.
If you or a loved one experience a medical emergency, call 911 or your local emergency responders immediately!
For non-life threatening illnesses or minor injuries, contact your primary care physician during normal medical office hours OR visit:
- SoutheastHEALTH Convenient Care in Jackson, Mo., open 7a.m.- to 7p.m., 7 days a week
- The Clinic of Wal-Mart, operated by SoutheastHEALTH in Dexter, Mo., open Monday-Saturday 9a.m.-9p.m., Sunday 11a.m.-5p.m.
What to Expect When you Arrive?
Registration-You will provide patient identification and health information to begin a chart.
Triage-A nurse will assess your condition and determine urgency status.
Waiting Room-You will remain in the waiting area until treatment room is prepared.
Treatment Area-Emergency team of physicians, nurses, and support staff will assess patient, perform lab work, x-rays, scans, and treat accordingly. You will be admitted to hospital if necessary, or released after treatment. Follow-up with primary care or a specialty clinic may be recommended.