At SoutheastHEALTH, great care doesn't take time off. Emergency treatment is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at two locations.
Is it an Emergency?
If you or a loved one experiences a medical emergency, call 911.
For noncritical emergencies when the person who needs care is able to move, head to your nearest SoutheastHEALTH emergency room (ER).
If you have a minor injury or an illness that isn't life-threatening, either contact your primary care provider during office hours or visit a SoutheastHEALTH walk-in clinic near you.
What to Expect in the ER
Our team of board certified emergency doctors, nurses and specialists is always ready to provide the care you need. When you arrive, here's what you can expect:
- Registration: Staff will take your identification and health information.
- Triage: A nurse will assess your condition.
- Waiting: You'll stay in the waiting room until your treatment room is prepared.
- Treatment: Emergency doctors, nurses and support staff will assess your condition. They will perform any needed tests, like x-rays, lab work and scans. Then the doctor will determine next steps.
Your care and comfort are our priority, and it's our goal to see you as quickly as possible.
Why Choose SoutheastHEALTH Emergency Services
When you need emergency care, you don't have time for research. But you can feel confident seeking care at SoutheastHEALTH.
Our board certified emergency doctors and highly trained nurses specialize in ER medicine and have access to advanced technology. They also collaborate with providers in other specialties. That teamwork ensures you get the treatment that's right for you.
SoutheastHEALTH offers cardiac and stroke care at both our ER locations. Our facilities have earned:
- Comprehensive Cardiac Center Certification from The Joint Commission's Accreditation and Certification program
- Primary Stroke Center Certification with Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers
- Missouri Level II Stroke Center designation from Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and Missouri's Time Critical Diagnosis System
- Missouri Level I STEMI Center designation from Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services and Missouri's Time Critical Diagnosis System
We are also fully integrated with area emergency medical transport services. So, when every second counts, we're ready when you come through the door.