At SoutheastHEALTH, our cardiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons perform some of the most advanced surgeries and procedures in the nation. This means you don't have to travel to a major metropolitan area to get the high-quality care your heart deserves.
World-Class Heart Surgery Close to Home
There are many reasons to trust your heart to SoutheastHEALTH:
Our surgeons. Our cardiothoracic surgeons are board certified and have more than 70 years of combined experience treating disease and injuries within the chest.
Our facilities. SoutheastHEALTH is home to one of the nation's newest and best-equipped hybrid operating suites. This leading-edge facility allows us to offer the most advanced heart and vascular procedures, including minimally invasive transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) and transcatheter mitral valve repair (TMVR).
Our hybrid operating room suite is equipped with highly specialized technology and equipment, such as real-time 3-D video screens and specialized operating tables.
Cardiothoracic surgeons, cardiologists and other specialists work together in this lab to perform procedures.
Our reputation for innovation. Our heart surgeons are among the first to use the latest techniques, like TAVR, that improve results for patients. We can provide even the most complex procedures on the highest risk patients.
Our affiliations and accreditations. We work in collaboration with prestigious Washington University Cardiothoracic Surgery, a highly respected academic surgery program.
And our program is one of only two in all of Missouri that has achieved Advanced Certification by The Joint Commission and the American Heart Association as a Comprehensive Cardiac Center.
Heart Surgeries We Perform
We treat all types of congenital or acquired heart conditions. This means that whether you need surgery to correct a heart problem you were born with or one that you were just diagnosed with, we can help.
A few examples of the conditions we treat are heart lesions, coronary artery disease, heart valve diseases and heart defects.
Here are some of the heart surgeries and procedures we perform:
- Treatments for blocked arteries like coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) and percutaneous coronary intervention (also known as coronary angioplasty)
- Valve procedures, including TAVR, TMVR and Perceval sutureless aortic valve surgery
- Surgery to repair aortic aneurysms and tears
- Congenital heart surgery, to fix or treat genetic heart defects
- Arrhythmia surgery, to correct irregular heart rhythms such as atrial fibrillation or ventricular tachycardia and to implant devices like pacemakers and defibrillators
- Left ventricular assist device (LVAD) placement (a mechanical device that helps the heart pump blood)
- Left ventricular remodeling/surgical ventricular restoration, to give the heart a more normal shape after a heart attack so that it can pump blood more efficiently
- Myectomy/myotomy, surgery to remove part of an enlarged heart wall for symptom relief
How to Make an Appointment with a Heart Surgeon
You will need a referral to see a surgeon. Talk with your primary care provider or your cardiologist.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, please call 573.331.7870.
To find out if you're a candidate for TAVR, please call the valve clinic coordinator at 573.331.6770.