Building Blocks/Nurse-Family Partnership® (NFP) is a free, evidence-based community health program that helps transform the lives of vulnerable pregnant mothers. Each mother is partnered with her own registered nurse early in her pregnancy and receives ongoing nurse home visits that continue through her child's second birthday.
Building Blocks/NFP nurses who visit homes work with mothers to:
- Ensure a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby
- Become the best mom they can be
- Learn and practice things that make you more confident as a mom, like breastfeeding, nutrition, child development, safe-sleep techniques and much more
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services available in our community
- Establish goals for themselves and their baby
Do You Qualify?
This program is specifically designed for:
- Mothers who qualify for Medicaid or WIC
- Mothers who have one or more children (can be admitted up until the day of delivery)
- First time mothers before 28 weeks
- Residents of Bollinger, Butler, Cape Girardeau, Dunklin, Mississippi, New Madrid, Perry, Scott, Ste. Genevieve, Stoddard or Pemiscot County
There is no cost to qualified clients and no referral is needed.
Complete this short Building Blocks Interest Form and one of our team members will contact you with more information.