Advanced Neuroscience Treatments
Southeast Hospital’s expert team of neurosciences professionals utilizes advanced treatments and technology that offer patients the latest care close to home.
Deep Brain Stimulation
- Provides relief from tremors for people with neurological disorders such as essential tremor, Parkinson’s disease
- Delivers electrical stimulation to targeted areas in the brain that control movement
- Blocks abnormal nerve signals causing tremors , other movement problems such as rigidity and stiffness
Vagus Nerve Stimulator
- A small implant (“pacemaker for the brain”)
- May help the more than 20 percent of people who do not show improvement in seizure control with medications
Image Guided Surgery (IGS) System
- Allows surgeons to “look” inside the body and see infected tissue inside of cavities and awkwardly positioned tumors deep inside the brain
- Allows surgeons to decide how best to get to a targeted area and avoid healthy tissue.
Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring (IONM)
- Protects central and peripheral nervous system during surgery
- Reduces risk of postoperative changes such as weakness, loss of sensation, and hearing loss.