Rehab and Physical Therapy
We offer comprehensive rehab services with state-of-the-art equipment and the latest rehabilitation philosophies to restore patients to their highest level of function possible.
- Treatments include care for mechanical dysfunction or post-surgical rehabilitation
- Individually-designed home exercise programs, joint mobilization, soft tissue stretching exercises, and therapy to improve function and reduce pain
- Therapists educate patients about anatomy, biomechanics, posture and activity modification
- At Southeast, only physical therapists and physical therapist assistants provide daily treatments, providing a higher level of patient care
Benefits of inpatient rehab include:
- Provides hands-on treatments with personal attention to each patient
- Builds patient strength, endurance, independence and confidence with a goal of returning to their communities and their homes
- Helps patients avoid extended stays in nursing home
- Offers caregiver training when patient is discharged
Located inside HealthPoint Plaza in Cape Girardeau, Southeast’s outpatient rehabilitation is often the final stage of the rehab process. Patients may continue with outpatient therapies after they are discharged from inpatient rehab.