Tour Our Inpatient Rehab
Families and prospective patients may arrange a tour of our Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit by calling 573-331-6501 or 573-651-5551.
Southeast’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit uses state-of-the-art equipment and best practices rehabilitation philosophies to help patients regain their highest level of function so they may return home and to the community.
Often following a hip fracture, amputation or a neurological event such as stroke, back surgery and other debilitating illnesses, we find the slightest medical complication can hinder progress and cause you to miss a window of great opportunity in reaching your rehabilitation potential.
If the medical need is enough to keep you in the hospital, Inpatient Rehabilitation is an excellent way to optimize overall outcomes. It is perfectly safe to pursue early rehab as long as it is directed by our board certified physiatrist and monitored by our rehab nurses who have years of experience managing your medical needs while your therapy progresses.
- 13-bed unit
- Patients participate in up to three hours of therapy 5-7 days a week
- Our multi-disciplinary team includes
- Physiatrist Dr. Matthew Karshner
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Discharge Coordinator
- Family members receive training to assist in transition from acute to home care
Rehabilitation nursing is a philosophy, not just a phase of treatment.
Our expert nurses embrace rehabilitative and restorative principles in:
- Managing complex medical issues
- Providing patient/caregiver education
- Establishing plans of care to main optimal wellness
- Bowel and bladder training
- Wound care
- Pain management
Benefits of Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Inpatient Rehab builds strength, endurance, independence and confidence with a goal of returning patients to their prior level of function in the community.
- Administering intensive rehab helps patients return home and avoid extended stays in nursing homes.
- Inpatient Rehab builds confidence regarding safety at home and provides teaching regarding new diagnosis.
- Patients who require outpatient therapy may continue with our Outpatient Rehab services.
Southeast Inpatient Rehabilitation accepts referrals from other hospitals/facilities.