The Southeast Neuro Rehabilitation team strives to help you improve function and regain independence.
Neurological Conditions Treated
We work with a variety of diagnoses including, but not limited to:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
Our Innovative Neurological Treatments
The Neuro Team utilizes many innovative devices and therapies to assist in maximizing patient progress. A few of our innovative treatments are listed below.
- Bioness is a device that uses neuromuscular electrical stimulation to enable more independent and functional hand movements. It is also used to assist with movement for patients who experience foot drop.
- VitalStim is an electrical stimulation device used for dysphagia or swallowing problems resultant from stroke or brain injury.
- Our therapists use vision retraining to help with double vision or other visual problems that often occur following brain injury or stroke.
- The standing frame and LiteGait treadmill are used during physical therapy treatments to help improve standing tolerance and gait.
- HealthPoint Rehab also offers aquatic therapy for patients post-stroke, brain injury or spinal cord injury which allows them to perform movements and activities they are unable to perform on land.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation patients frequently continue with outpatient therapies at HealthPoint after returning home.
Southeast is a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center.