Inpatient Rehabilitation Information for Referring Physicians
Southeast Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation is a Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) accredited nursing unit. The unit houses 13 private rooms which include a transition apartment and a large solarium living area equipped with a broad spectrum of therapeutic equipment.
Based on reports and analysis by the Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation, over 75.8% of Southeast Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation patients were discharged back to the community in 2013. This is largely due to the “team approach” of intensive rehabilitation offered, along with the 24-hour nursing.
- The services must be reasonable and necessary for the treatment of the patient’s condition and it must be necessary to provide the care and ilitation on an inpatient hospital basis, rather than a less intensive facility such as a SNF or on an outpatient basis.
- The prospective patient must have one or more conditions requiring intensive and multidisciplinary rehabilitation care; OR
- Medical complication, in addition to their primary condition, so that the continuing availability of a physician is required to ensure safe and effective treatment.
- The patient must have a condition that requires medical management, yet be able to participate in the rehabilitation program.
- Must require twenty-four hour rehabilitation nursing
- Must require and be able to tolerate three hours of daily therapy no less than five days per week from a combination of Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy or Orthotics/Prosthetics.
- The “Rehabilitation Team” offers a multidisciplinary approach with a coordinated program of care requiring significant, practical improvement as well as realistic goals during an appropriate length of stay.
Specialty Services provided in the Inpatient Rehabilitation setting at Southeast:
- EMG services
- Bioness H200
- Bioness L300 Plus
- NESS 300 Units
- Spasticity management
- Phenol/Botox injections
- Prosthetic/orthotic services
- Wound care services
- Vital Stim
To Refer a Patient to Southeast Inpatient Rehab
Reach us by phone, fax or email:
Email: Erica Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org