Aquatic Physical Therapy
The warm water pool at HealthPoint Rehab in Cape provides a modality for therapist and patient to work out together to achieve optimum goals for rehab. Patients with a variety of diagnoses can benefit from therapy in the pool: myofascial pain syndromes, arthritis, lower back pain, knee or hip pain, or after surgeries on the lower back or lower extremities.
Aquatic therapy can also help those that have had a brain injury, stroke or spinal cord injury.
Treatments are designed for individual diagnosis with emphasis on strengthening, stretching, balance activities and pain reduction.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
- Warm water helps relax muscles
- Buoyancy in the water helps take stress off the back and joints allowing easier movement and exercise
- The resistance of the water helps strengthen muscles and improves balance by giving added support.
Southeast HealthPoint's Aquatic Physical Therapy Program
- One-on-one therapy between the therapist and the patient the entire time
- Water depth is 3 ½ - 5 feet, and the patient does not have to get his/her face wet
- Water temperature is 88-90 degrees
- There are steps with handrails on both sides to enter and exit the pool. A hydraulic lift is also available for those who are unable to use the steps.
- Towels, lockers and private changing rooms with showers and toilets are available during therapy sessions.
- By physician referral and approved by Medicare and most insurance carriers.