The ultimate goal of every injured athlete is to get back to his or her sport as soon as possible. Our goal is to make this happen with the safety and long-term health of the athlete in mind. This is where the experience and expertise of the therapists at HealthPoint Rehab make all the difference.
Physical Therapy is an effective intervention for many sports injuries including:
- Muscle strains and sprains
- ACL injury
- Shin splints
- Adolescent conditions associated with growing
- Repetitive motion or overuse injuries
- Running injuries of hips, knees and feet
- Throwing injuries – shoulder instability, rotator cuff, and elbow pain
How We Can Help
We provide personal attention to assure correct technique with exercises and motivational encouragement to get you back to your sport. Our goal is your goal and we will work closely with you to ensure you return to the activities you love.
The return to sport can be divided into phases:
- Initial healing phase
- Treatments are focused on rest, protective movement, reducing swelling, pain reduction, education about what to expect and timeline for progressing back to sport
- Tissues are healing, but not at 100%
- Goals are restoring full range of movement, flexibility, and strength, while avoiding flair ups of symptoms
- Re-incorporation of injured area with full body movements required for sport
- Transition to return to sport
- Focus on correct biomechanical movement of the affected area, equalizing injured to non-injured limb
- Includes agility training, endurance work, strength progression, partial participation in practice/drills
- Teaching athlete how to continue with the home exercises after being released from therapy
Once your therapy is complete, the HealthPoint Fitness training staff can help further your sport specific performance enhancement goals. Our therapists and trainers will work together to set up a program tailored just for you.