Physical therapy helps people live active, healthy lives. Perhaps you're bouncing back from an injury or healing from surgery. No matter what health challenges you face, the physical therapists at SoutheastHEALTH can help.
Outpatient Physical Therapy Clinics
Our physical therapists offer expert treatment for a wide range of conditions. Services are available at clinic locations in Cape Girardeau, Dexter and Jackson.
We're proud to provide expertise and therapies you won't find everywhere else in the area.
Our services include:
- Aquatic therapy
- Concussion care from certified therapists
- Delfi blood-flow restriction therapy, which optimizes muscle strength and bone healing after an injury or surgery
- Lymphedema care from certified therapists
- Myofascial release to help restore motion, and ease pain and malfunction caused by trauma, poor posture or inflammation
- Oncology rehabilitation to decrease pain and improve independence during cancer treatment
- Orthopedic care for problems like knee, shoulder, back and neck pain, and post-operative rehabilitation
- Sports rehabilitation for adolescent to college athletes for optimal and safe return to play
- Vestibular and balance therapy to address dizziness and trouble walking or balancing
- Women's health therapies for conditions like pelvic floor disorders, pelvic pain, bowel dysfunction and incontinence
- Neurological rehabilitation for stroke recovery, multiple sclerosis or Parkinson’s disease management, or get stronger after a hospital stay
- Pediatric rehabilitation therapies to help children with delayed development and motor function in a kid-friendly setting
These therapies are provided by a talented team of physical therapists, many with additional training and certifications in their area of expertise. The HealthPoint Rehab team includes residency and fellowship-trained orthopedic clinical specialists-meaning we provide a higher level of orthopedic care than other clinics.
In addition to our specialists, our facility is proud to offer advanced technologies like dorsaVi, a tool that empowers athletes to improve their mechanics, by measuring movement and speed through wearable sensors. It helps our experts determine if an athlete is ready to return to activity after an injury, and anticipate risk for future injuries, too. This technology is helpful for runners and athletes recovering from lower extremity injury.
Get a Referral for Physical Therapy
Your doctor can order outpatient physical therapy. With this prescription, we will coordinate your first appointment and insurance authorization. We look forward to helping you heal.
Acute Care Physical Therapy
If the medical need is enough to keep you in the hospital, inpatient rehabilitation is an excellent way to optimize overall outcomes.
Our physical therapists are experts in evaluating your movement and functional level, and then creating a plan specific to your abilities. They work closely with doctors, nurses and other providers.
Early movement helps to decrease the time you need to stay in the hospital and will improve your safety for when you return home. Family education regarding walking, exercise, your home environment and any necessary equipment is incorporated in your individual discharge plan from physical therapy. The therapist may recommend continuing with home health or outpatient physical therapy as part of your overall return to optimal physical function.