Sleep Diagnostic Center
Insomnia, sleep apnea, restless legs syndrome, narcolepsy, snoring, and other sleep disorders prevent millions of people from getting a full night of quality, restorative sleep. There are more than 100 recognized disorders of sleep and wake that interfere with quality of life and person health.
Southeast’s nationally accredited Sleep Lab sees adult patients and pediatric patients as young as 5 years of age.
Our Sleep Lab is staffed by experienced registered sleep technicians and registered respiratory therapists.
Think you may have a sleep problem? Test your Sleep IQ today.
Scheduling a Sleep Study
The Sleep Lab staff can accommodate your study needs around your schedule. A physician’s order, medical history and physical are required before you are tested.
- The Sleep Lab is open five nights a week. Each week the schedule changes to accommodate those with different work schedules.
- Sleep studies are performed day and night.
- The Sleep Lab offers the option of sleep studies on Friday nights.
- Sleep studies are interpreted by board certified neurologists and pulmonologists.
Comfortable Sleep Test Accommodations
We offer a comfortable environment while you are participating in a sleep test including:
- Four patient rooms, three with queen size beds, carpeting and cable TV with DVD players. One room is equipped for adults or children with special needs.
- Our equipment monitors every move you make while sleeping such as breathing patterns and heart rate.
- Shower facilities are located in the Sleep Lab so you may dress and go directly to your daily routine upon discharge.
Most sleep studies are covered by private insurance, Medicare and Medicaid, with some pre-approval required. Southeast Hospital files insurance with appropriate carriers.
For more information, call the Sleep Diagnostic Center at (573) 331-6330.
Home Sleep Testing
For your convenience, the Sleep Lab offers home sleep testing.
- Take a small monitor home, wear it that night and return the next day. Our experienced Sleep Lab staff will instruct you on how to properly set the monitor up.
- Your results are reviewed by a board certified physician specializing in Sleep Medicine.
- Your referring physician receives a report with results to discuss with you.
Regional SoutheastHEALTH Sleep Centers
For More Information
Call the Southeast Health Center of Stoddard County Sleep Lab at 866-444-5674.
The Sleep Lab at Southeast Health Center of Stoddard County offers patients sleep studies in a convenient location, close to home.
- Sleep studies are performed at night and interpreted by neurologists and pulmonologists experience in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders)
- Our Sleep Lab includes two comfortable patient rooms with queen size beds and cable TV. Shower facilities are located within the lab.
- The lab is staffed by registered sleep technicians and registered respiratory therapists.
Sleep needs vary depending on your age. When you get the sleep you need, your health, productivity and energy will increase.
- More than 70 million Americans of all ages fail to get a good night’s sleep.
- Humans will die sooner from lack of sleep than lack of food.
- Alcohol can help you fall asleep faster, but it can cause your sleep to be more restless.
- Drinking caffeine three to six hours before bedtime can double the time it takes to fall asleep and quadruple the number of times a person wakes up during the night.
Establish Good Sleep Habits
The quality of your sleep directly affects the quality of your life. Try these tips:
- Go to bed and get up at the same time every day.
- Avoid taking long naps during the day
- Know your medications and possible side effects of sleep.
- Avoid heavy snacks before bedtime.
- Avoid reading, watching TV and eating in the bedroom.
There are many sleep disorders. Learn about five of the most common sleep disorders here.