Surgery @ Southeast
If you are scheduled for a surgery at the Southeast Surgery Center, you can pre-register online to save time when you visit us.Preregister Online
When your doctor recommends a surgical procedure, choose SoutheastHEALTH. Located on the main hospital campus across from Capaha Park, SoutheastHEALTH’s patient-centered, inpatient/outpatient surgery center offers expert care and the latest technology for the best possible patient experience.
While you are here for surgery or other procedures, a highly skilled team of physicians, registered nurses and other qualified medical professionals will care for you.
Southeast Surgery Center has multiple state-of-the-art surgical suites. From lighting to surgical equipment to interactive computer technology, the Southeast Surgery Center’s features are cutting edge.
- Private recovery rooms offer you your own space to prepare for surgery and recover afterward until you’re feeling well enough to go home.
- An electronic patient tracking system lets your family and care team know exactly where you are at every point during the surgical process. Information is displayed in confidential and easy-to-understand terms on a screen in the family waiting room so visitors know whether a given patient is in pre-op, surgery or recovery.
Planning for Your Procedure:
Most preoperative work will be done ahead of the surgery date to reduce your wait time, and post-operative medications are prescribed at the time of discharge. To save time, preregister online for your surgical procedure. Here are additional things to keep in mind:
- When you come for your outpatient procedure, wear comfortable clothing.
- Bring all insurance cards and information, as well as a list of your medications and dosages, including supplements, herbal preparations and vitamins.
- Bring any paperwork provided to you by your surgeon.
- It’s best to leave all valuables at home.
- If you are having anesthesia (with the exception of local anesthesia), you will need to arrange for a ride home.