Welcoming Babies at Southeast Hospital
A baby’s birth is a cause for celebration and at Southeast Hospital births are celebrated with special, extra touches that help families welcome their babies into the world.
Ultrasound — Baby’s ‘First Picture’
Over the years, our ultrasound staff has taken more “first baby” photos than any other hospital in the area.
- Ultrasound uses sound waves to safely and painlessly gather detailed information about how your baby is developing.
- Mothers who have their ultrasounds performed at Southeast received complimentary photos of their baby’s images as well as a thumb drive with their baby “in action.”
Lullaby Birth Announcements
The arrival of each baby is musically announced throughout the Hospital with Brahms’ Lullaby.
Handmade Baby Caps
Each baby receives a handmade cap, lovingly made by members of the Southeast Hospital Auxiliary. Each cap is unique and becomes a treasured family keepsake.
Babies On Board Billboards
Our newborns are featured each week (on Wednesdays) on a 12-foot by 24-foot digital billboard at Kingshighway and William (just above Quizno’s).
- Billboard features a photo of baby along with basic information
- No last names or addresses are used
- A picture slideshow of each baby billboard is on the hospital’s website
Car Seat Checks
When families leave Southeast, they are given diaper bags filled with helpful baby care items. Also, before a baby is placed in his or her car seat for the ride home, a member of Southeast’s OB staff checks to make sure the seat is properly installed.
Born to Read
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi at Southeast Missouri State University gives each baby born at Southeast Hospital a new Golden Book. Each book includes a congratulatory note from the society that emphasizes the importance of reading to babies.
Footprints to the Future
Before leaving the Hospital, each baby leaves his or her mark by leaving a footprint square decorated by the family for display on our “Footprints to the Future” wall near the Nursery viewing area.