Contact Us or Stop By
Reach us at 573-651-5518 or Volunteer@SEhealth.org.
The Volunteer Services Office is located near the Southeast Hospital Lobby at:
1701 Lacey Street
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Waiting Room
- Lobby Desk
- Gift Shop
- Emergency Department
- Cancer Center
- Office Assistance/Clerical Work
- Escorting Patients/Families
- HealthPoint Fitness
- Special Events such as fundraisers and blood drives
Before applying, ask yourself these questions:
- Does my schedule allow me to commit to a weekly volunteer time of 3 to 4 hours a week?
- Am I comfortable in a clinical environment where I will see sick individuals and families under stress?
- Am I willing to commit to my volunteer duties as if it were a regular job or school obligations?
If you answered "yes" to all of these, complete this short Volunteer Interest Form.
Perks for Volunteers
In addition to the sense of joy and satisfaction that comes from helping others, volunteers are eligible to receive:
- FREE FLU SHOT each year of membership
- 15% DISCOUNT in the Auxiliary’s Wishing Well Gift Shop, where purchases are tax free
- 20% DISCOUNT off your meal in the Cafeteria or $2 off your meal at Lacey’s On The Hill restaurant on the day you volunteer
- $4 GIFT CARD for the Cafeteria, Lacey’s On The Hill or the Gift Shop in honor of your birthday
- ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNT at HealthPoint Fitness in Cape or Jackson for Volunteers who contribute more than 150 hours between October 1 and September 30. Volunteers and their family members are eligible the following January 1
- INVITATION to the Volunteer Appreciation Banquet each year
- FREE MEDIUM BEVERAGE from the Cafeteria or Lacey’s during your working shift
Hospice volunteers are a special part of the hospice support system. Besides helping families by providing much-needed rest breaks for short periods of time and running errands, hospice volunteers are good friends and good listeners to both patients and families. Special training sessions help prepare hospice volunteers for their duties. Call the Hospice Volunteer Coordinator (573-335-6208) for more information.
Find out more information about volunteering with Hospice.
All adult volunteers are considered members of the Auxiliary. Since 1937, the Auxiliary, through its many fundraising projects, has made generous donations to help Southeast acquire new equipment and develop new programs and services.
The purpose of the Auxiliary is service to SoutheastHEALTH and support of its mission through donation of time, talents, expertise, monetary gifts, assistance with volunteer recruitment, and participation in community outreach to promote good health and good will.
The Auxiliary's major source of revenue is the Wishing Well Gift Shop located in the Hospital Lobby.
Throughout the year, the Auxiliary hosts numerous fund-raising events. View Southeast's online calendar of events.
In addition, for over 50 years, the Auxiliary has awarded thousands of dollars in scholarships to hundreds of students pursuing healthcare careers. Check out the Scholarship Opportunities available.
SoutheastHEALTH Auxiliary has played an important role in Southeast’s growth and influence in the community. As a charter member of the Missouri Association of Hospital Auxiliaries (MAHA), our Auxiliary has also been influential on the state level, and three Southeast Auxilians have been state presidents. The Auxiliary is under the direction of a Board that oversees several committees:
- Gary Gaines, President
- Judy Brown, Vice President
- Pam Schulte, Recording Secretary
- Susan Janzow, Corresponding Secretary
- Margaret Needels, Treasurer
- Julie Cook, Past President
Check out the latest Auxiliary Newsletter