Volunteer with SoutheastHEALTH
Want to Volunteer?
Our volunteers play an important role and so can you.Interest Form
Volunteering at Southeast Hospital
Each year, hundreds of very special people from all walks of life donate their time and talents to help improve the experiences of our patients and their families. Volunteer opportunities may include working in the gift shop, providing administrative support, staffing reception desks, greeting patients and visitors, and providing assistance for special fundraisers and blood drives.
The Volunteer Services Office is located near the Southeast Hospital Lobby
1701 Lacey Street
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Volunteer with Southeast Hospice
Hospice volunteers are a special part of the hospice support system. Besides helping families by providing much-needed rest breaks for short periods of time and running errands, hospice volunteers are good friends and good listeners to both patients and families. Special training sessions help prepare hospice volunteers for their duties. Call the Hospice Volunteer Coordinator 573-335-6208 for more information.
Interested in Volunteering?
Before applying, ask yourself these questions:
- Does my schedule allow me to commit to a weekly volunteer time of 3 to 4 hours a week?
- Am I comfortable in a clinical environment where I will see sick individuals and families under stress?
- Am I willing to commit to my volunteer duties as if it were a regular job or school obligations?
If you answered "yes" to all of these, complete this short Volunteer Interest Form.
Perks for Volunteers
In addition to the sense of joy and satisfaction that comes from helping others, volunteers are eligible to receive:
- FREE Flu Shot each year of membership
- 10% discount in the Ruby Room Gift Shop, where purchases are tax free
- 20% discount off your meal in the Cafeteria or $2 off your meal at Lacey’s On The Hill restaurant on the day you volunteer
- $4 gift card for the Cafeteria, Lacey’s On The Hill or the Gift Shop in honor of your birthday
- Annual membership discount at HealthPoint Fitness in Cape or Jackson for Volunteers who contribute more than 150 hours between October 1 and September 30. Volunteers and their family members are eligible the following January 1
- FREE medium beverage from the Cafeteria or Lacey’s during your working shift