Volunteer opportunities include:
- Waiting Room
- Lobby Desk
- Gift Shop
- Emergency Department
- Cancer Center
- Office Assistance/Clerical Work
- Escorting Patients/Families
- HealthPoint Fitness
- Special Events such as fundraisers and blood drives
Adults are welcome to apply anytime throughout the year. Before applying, ask yourself these questions:
- Does my schedule allow me to commit to a weekly volunteer time of 3 to 4 hours a week?
- Am I comfortable in a clinical environment where I will see sick individuals and families under stress?
- Am I willing to commit to my volunteer duties as if it were a regular job or school obligations?
If you answered "yes" to all of these, download an application!
College Student Volunteers
If you are a college student wishing to volunteer, you must commit to a 3-4 hour shift weekly for 2 consecutive (fall/spring, spring/summer, summer/fall) periods, for a minimum of 60 hours. Interested students should submit an application, a brief statement as to why you want to volunteer, 2 reference letters (one from a counselor or teacher and one personal), and verification of current immunizations.
Applications for Spring semester are due by January 20th.
Junior Volunteer Program
We are no longer accepting applications.
During the summer months only, young people ages 14 to 18 years can volunteer any day, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 to 11 a.m. or 1 to 4 p.m.
Opportunities for Junior Volunteers include:
- Clinical Laboratory
- HealthPoint Fitness
- Office Assistants
- Outpatient Recovery
- Nursing Units
- Escort Patients
- And Others
Benefits of Becoming a Junior Volunteer:
- Joy of helping others
- Career exploration
- Provides a positive reference for future employers and college admission
- Free beverage and meal discount while on duty
- Recognition luncheon for junior volunteers and parents
Junior Volunteer Application
Call 573-651-5518 for more information on the Junior Volunteer Program.
In addition to the sense of joy and satisfaction that comes from helping others, volunteers are eligible to receive:
- FREE FLU SHOT each year of membership
- 15% DISCOUNT in the Auxiliary’s Wishing Well Gift Shop, where purchases are tax free
- 20% DISCOUNT off your meal in the Cafeteria or $2 off your meal at Lacey’s On The Hill restaurant on the day you volunteer
- $4 GIFT CARD for the Cafeteria, Lacey’s On The Hill or the Gift Shop in honor of your birthday
- ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP DISCOUNT at HealthPoint Fitness in Cape or Jackson for Volunteers who contribute more than 150 hours between October 1 and September 30. Volunteers and their family members are eligible the following January 1
- INVITATION to the Volunteer Appreciation Banquet each year
- FREE MEDIUM BEVERAGE from the Cafeteria or Lacey’s during your working shift
All adult volunteers are considered members of the Auxiliary. Since 1937, the Auxiliary, through its many fundraising projects, has made generous donations to help Southeast acquire new equipment and develop new programs and services.
The purpose of the Auxiliary is service to SoutheastHEALTH and support of its mission through donation of time, talents, expertise, monetary gifts, assistance with volunteer recruitment, and participation in community outreach to promote good health and good will.
The Auxiliary's major source of revenue is the Gift Shop located in the Hospital Lobby.
Throughout the year, the Auxiliary hosts numerous fund-raising events.
In addition, for over 50 years, the Auxiliary has awarded thousands of dollars in scholarships to hundreds of students pursuing healthcare careers. Check out the Scholarship Opportunities available.
SoutheastHEALTH Auxiliary has played an important role in Southeast’s growth and influence in the community. As a charter member of the Missouri Association of Hospital Auxiliaries (MAHA), our Auxiliary has also been influential on the state level, and three Southeast Auxilians have been state presidents. The Auxiliary is under the direction of a Board that oversees several committees:
- Julie Cook, President
- Gary Gaines, Vice President
- Linda Burns, Recording Secretary
- Julie Parsons, Corresponding Secretary
- Betty Heisserer, Treasurer
- Nancy Bray, Past President
Welcome to the Wishing Well Gift Shop, located near the Southeast Hospital lobby.
The Gift Shop offers many specialty and holiday gift items as well as:
- Fresh and silk flower arrangements
- Greeting cards
- Mylar balloons
- New baby gifts
- Toys and games
- Candy bouquets
- Stuffed animals
- Get-well novelties
- Unique jewelry and apparel
- Candy, gum and other snack items
The gift shop is operated by the Southeast Hospital Auxiliary. All revenues raised are returned to hospital improvement projects. Items are free of sales tax. Gift wrapping is available for a nominal fee.
Gift Shop Hours
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturdays 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Closed on Sundays
Floral and gift orders can be placed by calling 573-331-6639 between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. weekdays, and 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays and will be delivered by volunteers. Deliveries are only made to inpatients and hospital employees.
2017 Auxiliary in Action and Hospice Care News
2016 Auxiliary in Action and Hospice Care News
2015 Auxiliary in Action and Hospice Care News