Balsamic and Blueberry Glazed Rosemary Chicken
Yields 6 Servings
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoons non-hydrogenated margarine
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced (about ¼ cup)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil and 1 Tablespoon margarine in a large skillet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then add chicken to the skillet.
- Sear chicken breasts over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil, and margarine to the skillet. When hot, stir in shallots and cook until lightly caramelized, about 4 minutes.
- Add blueberries and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in vinegar, maple syrup and rosemary. Simmer about 10 minutes or until the blueberries have collapsed.
- Return chicken to the pan and coat chicken with blueberry mixture. Cover skillet and allow to cook for about 10 more minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
NUTRITION PER SERVING:
Fat: 14.3 grams
Carbohydrate: 8.4 grams
Protein: 225 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Sodium: 344 mg